Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Re: VSIX with the VS2010 Beta 2 SDK

I found this blog post useful. I tried to leave the following comment, but was told that only "team members" were allowed to leave comments.

Thanks very much! I figured out the MergeWithCTO thing myself by comparison to another project, but then I got this error in ActivityLog:
<description>CreateInstance failed for package [MyExtension.MyPackageClass, MyExtension, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1460dff8a28f7a7]</description>
...
<errorinfo>Could not load file or assembly 'MyExtension, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1460dff8a28f7a7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.</errorinfo>
The error message made no sense at all because (1) the error message knows the name of the Package class, how could it discover the name of the class if it never loaded the DLL? and (2) my extension also contains an implementation of ITaggerProvider that runs properly, so clearly my DLL was being loaded.

Adding those properties to my csproj file fixed the problem.
<PropertyGroup>
 <RegisterOutputPackage>true</RegisterOutputPackage>
 <RegisterWithCodebase>true</RegisterWithCodebase>
</PropertyGroup>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home